Friday, December 21, 2007

Good day



I wasn't supposed to be at work today. But a wee. mini, minor crisis came up and so I decided to mosey in. Actually I decided to drive like a bat out of hell - because this morning I dropped off Judith for her driving test (she passed!) and the guy took FOREVER to actually administer the bloody thing (20 mins to set up 20 cones? c'mon) and we then had to endure the vagueries if the DMV. Still she passed, I got out in time and managed to cruise to work in time for the meeting. Which went okay - lots to do in the new year though.

Headed back and had Jude drive me to an outlet mall (she's now insured) where we got into the Xmas spirit by buying something from virtually every store at stupidly low prices. The place was next to empty, the parking plentiful, the bargains terrific and the staff overly attentive in that 'I'm SO bored" kind of way perfected by the department stores years ago. I used to think that department store attitude came from spending a lifetime surrounded by goods they didn't pay you enough to buy yourself, but now I think it's a mixture of aching feet, polyester uniforms and the stupidity of virtually every customer.

No real chance for pics yet so I shot a quick one of reception on my way to payroll where my cheque (check) was waiting for me and no dramas unfolded.

Now for wine, for dinner and for the final of Clash of the Choirs (which we DVR'd last night)

No comments: