Thursday, December 20, 2007

My new camera arrived


Lumix FZ18
Originally uploaded by akiko@flickr
Spent the evening charging various batteries and the morning turning off the various beeps that accompanied my every move with it.

Massive zoom makes for more shots of unsuspecting old folk. I feel a photo safari coming on.

Hundreds of 'idiot modes' that probably make for amazing pictures but rob me of the chance to say that a shot is 'mine' and will therefore be all but ignored. It's looking promising though.

Pics over the weekend I think

5 comments:

Miss Chris said...

28-500 zoom? Holy schmoly. That almost does not seem fair. A bit like spear fishing in a barrel.

Can you see me sitting in London from where you are?

Steve said...

only because I had Alex install a spycam...

Anonymous said...

we're making good honest money off of that spycam... good AMERICAN money... which means this entire operation is completely harmless.

AWESOME camera.

Anonymous said...

It's not exactly discreet, you may as well buy a proper camera ;p
Actually not when one looks at the size of a 50-500mm lens. I trust your flickr will soon be filled with pictures taken through sorority house windows...

It's funny, as a taut young buck i used to pine for more zoom, now like an aging nympomaniac i pine for more width...

Anonymous said...

can one be an ageing nymph? i suppose so...