Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Yet more fuckwittery


Oracle morons
Originally uploaded by AndyArmstrong
So the old company was sending my last pay cheque by mail. Or rather by UPS. They forgot Friday and sent it out at 5pm on Monday. Delivery by 3pm Tuesday. Except it didn't arrive. UPS said it was on a truck and that I should "Not go to bed before 11.59pm". Well this morning still no package. It hadn't even been in Michigan. It was in Penn. No worries, it left this morning at 8am. Except it didn't. They didn't have the apt. number. Weird I'd given them the apartment number on Monday. And Tuesday. And at 7am this morning.

I asked why the package hadn't made it on time. "For no good reason" they said.

Comforting.

"Why not come in tonight between 8pm and 8.30pm?" they said. It might be here.

Then they called back - it's on a truck.

Then back again "It's not on a truck"

Then once more - "all of the appointments for 8pm to 8.30pm are gone. It'll be tomorrow. Maybe."

"Appointments? You told me to come by."

"Yeah, we did. We shouldn't have. We're busy."

So no cash before Xmas. No cash from the new guys until Jan 15th and no bloody holiday cheer for me or my family.

FUCKWITTERY

No comments: