Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Oh the drama

Turns out that my package WAS on the truck after all.

This I know because when I went in to collect my package - it wasn't there.
Despite a call that said "I have it in my hand, I will place it aside for you now"

Still in an attempt to move into lemonade manufacture I said

"Well that's good news. You guys are delivering a second package to me too. He can drop them both off together"

But of course he can't.
Because he now has instructions to return it to base.
So that I can pick it up.
Tomorrow.

The man in the knackered warehouse to whence I had journied seemed quite shocked that I would question the competence of his staff and his confidence in their ability to divine ass from elbow.

Still the mustang averaged 31mpg (that's 37mph for you UK folks today)... perhaps it's being powered by the vibration from the one loose piece of trim driving me to distraction (oh for a piece of blu-tac)

Note to all - UPS... should be known as "Ooops"

1 comment:

Steve said...

mainly becauses rocks were deemed too sharp and therefore potentially lethal by health and safety... the power these days is entirely with the people who can say 'no'... we've forgotten everything but the power of veto