Thursday, January 04, 2007

I need to take better pictures


May delivery be easy
Originally uploaded by blue-velvet.
I've been spending too much time in Flickr recently - getting turned on to really good photography... and by really good photographers.

Having no co-ordination means that attempts at drawing always end in frustration so photography is the closest I get to real artistic expression. Not that I've done much good photography it has to be said - but I like that too.

There's a discipline to photography that makes it an art that I feel I can attempt to master the art. A mixtire of science and dumb luck that means I always feel as though I have a chance of taking something great. And that practice can improve those odds of lucky accident.

I always said that lives need some passion and some beauty... and now I think that I mean it. I can think of nothing sadder than a passionless life and nothing crueler than an absence of beauty.

But that might be the wine talking. Time I think - for bed

Oh - scans being booked for January... a couple of weeks late - change of insurer and all but all in hand... this time am gonna photograph my innards and post them... nice huh?

No comments: