Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Another resolution


judebw2.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude.
"Half as many meetings... twice as many decisions"

Feeling very chipper today - baked bread, took the dog for a walk, made the cat sneeze (somehow) and heard from some people I'd not heard from in an age... must be all of those speculative Happy New Years I've been throwing out to people that I've met and liked over time.

Work has yet to really kick in for me though I can see the start of some projects on the horizon - in the meantime I'm going to use the idle hours to do the research that I need for the books... that ought to keep me going.

Anyway am later than James Brown here (does that pun work?) so have to run to the JMZ - which will taunt me by holding the train I need just one stop away for hours on end - its headlights ablaze with possibility as more and more people arrive, lean out over the platform and - by force of collective will alone - drag it ever closer. It's long been my theory that the trains here don't run by electricity or diesel but by the collective nervous energy generated by people waiting. Should I have shared that? Oh what the hell - I shared Stool Softners, bloody bread baskets and the texture of the pieces of lung I coughed up - why start being coy now?

No comments: