Friday, March 27, 2009

A no to London


So we decided against London. A few things weighing in. Visa stuff that would take a while, money stuff that would mean living frugally to really make enough for savings given the time lost to visas, and my need to be here for movers, finding a Montreal house, incorporating etc.

It seems odd being unemployed and turning down offers of interesting work with good people and six figure salaries attached... but the truth is that in the 9 weeks that I'd have been able to be there I'd not have the time to do a good job, not have the ability to fly home when I needed to and not made enough to overlook those facts.

Concentrating on getting things signed and getting back into the business of working all day now. A real shame as I'd have liked a London stint - if only to remind myself why it's not the place for me... but these things happen and you deal