Monday, February 04, 2008

Who said you couldn't get a sheepdog into a Mustang?


P1010244.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
Just about everybody in truth. But you can. If you're double jointed, have the ability to reach for the seatbelt whilst repositioning the dog and feeling for the slot into which the seatbelt will clip - without removing the rear seat dog cover and managing to thread the seatbelt through the eyelet atop the dog's 'rear seat vest'

I'd not bother but the idea of a red vested 60lb bullet hurtling into the back of my head at 80mph isn't one that I fancy. Not that I ever DO 80mph of course. That would be naughty. And wrong. And against the law (just)

Actually people here drive pretty sensibly until you get to within 5miles of the city at which point you enter the Judge Dread zone with people accelerating, breaking, changing lanes and revving through 8,000 rpm all at the same time. Leave no gaps, take no prisoners is my advice.

Jude leaves for Belgium this week (non-sequitar?) so it's gonna be me, the dog and a computer. Lots of walks and some serious work on my book. Toby is getting raves for his debut novel (an urban vampire story told in free verse) and I feel rather inspired to get on and write mine. So I will. Cool.

So thinner, more stimulated and with a better walked dog I'll be moving into February with some real momentum (or something)... must stop now before I say "Cadence"

No comments: