Friday, February 01, 2008

hairy commute


jansub
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
there was a time when the words 'expect 10 inches overnight' had a certain Carry On style frisson. These days it means wheel spin, fishtailing up the hill outside of the house and a slow crawl towards the office.

In a way I miss the old JMZ over the Williamsburg bridge. But then again as I crank the heating up and turn the satellite radio to Chris Moyles and radio one it all starts to feel pretty good. I think I even heard a barely grammatical text from my brother read out on the Scott Mills show yesterday. It was from a Gary, it was from my hometown, it was about football and it had the syntax of a low grunt - so I'm assuming it was him.

Superbowl Sunday this weekend - so off to the neighbor's house for beer, chips and much booing at the quality of the ads.

Tonight Ypsilanti, Depot Town, a few drinks and fish and chips at a bar I know. Hurrah!

No comments: