Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Gearing up for Toronto


Toronto View with Boat
Originally uploaded by Mute*.
I'm not entirely sure that one gears up for Toronto, I'm told it's too laid back a place for any upward gearing. But I'm looking forward to the trip anyway - despite it having a ridiculously early start. It's gonna be nice to get away and be forced out of my comfortable Friday night rut and into exploring - or as much exploring as the cold allows.

Don't have my scan results yet - which is a good sign I think. Certainly all of my experience points towards a call from the doctor when all isn't well. I do need to call Adela today and set up an appointment to see him between his public speaking and his golfing engagements. That's not fair I know but I think that Thurs is 'clinic day' and I do wonder what he does the rest of the time.

Work is finally weighting up enough that I feel busy, i if not useful. Hard to get used to being the 'know nothing' personin the room and harder still to embrace a process that works at a much slower rate than you like to personally. I can see that it works, I just need to figure out how it's going to work when I run it.

Still worried about my ability to gain weight at the drop of a hat and my inabiliy to grow much hair at all. But the thyroid checked out fine and the scans might offer a clue. As might the fact that the gym sessions have been ramping up and we're looking at muscle building rather than fat burning. Still 5lbs in two days isn't a normal weight gain - unless it's all water, in which case I guess I'm the Dead Sea.

Okay enough of this gloomy noodling - breakfast, dog walk, work

No comments: