Friday, December 01, 2006

Long day today


antwerp2
Originally uploaded by stevenjude.
The jetlag is still washing over me at irregular intervals - which means that I was up early this morning. Just as well as the call that I was expecting from my ex-president at 7pm tonight came at 7am this morning.

I do feel as though I have let her down personally and of course this is exactly what I'm supposed to feel. 'Disappointment' is a management tool that's very effective though the words today 'I am disappointed on so many levels' still stung a little.

Still I know that I'm doing the right thing - I need a little less stress, a little more certainty and the opportunity to do some really good work and I think that a move will achieve that, so I'll head in today, hand over my blackberry, send out an emotional farewell and slip quietly into the dark busom of ex-corporate employees.

Got around the problem of patchy baldness by shaving my head yesterday. A practical solution to be sure but one that has me looking in the mirror and remembering being the 'ill' guy. Am told that post illness trauma and stress is common in the 4-12 month period and that all manner of things often happen hair loss, shingles, ME... so it seems that I've drawn the longest of the straws in that my condition is both typical and none debilitating. Hurts to be SO typical yet again.

Today's pic was one that I took whilst walking around Antwerp and it's one that I really like, despite all of the technical imperfections it displays. I do like Tin Tin and he did give us The Thompson Twins... not to mention remarkably accurate imaginings of future spacecraft.

Anyway the gym beckons

No comments: