Monday, November 27, 2006

Succinct


Nixon Resignation
Originally uploaded by teemu-romppanen.
Well I finally got to hand in my resignation today. Or rather to e-mail it in as I'm still in Belgium - I'll do the official handing of paper and clearing of desks on Thursday when I'm physicakky able to pick up my shit and go.

The temptation of course was to wait another 4 days and claim the pay for those days before telling anyone but that would have been both greedy and just a little below me (I like to think)... besides I've been having the most extraordinary dreams about my ex-president in which she was setting Spy vs. Spy like traps and used all kinds of Monkey magic on both Judith and me in revenge for my leaving and I'm hoping that doing the decent thing will stop the nighttime horrors.

Leaving was harder than I thought but a glance in the mirror (the hair is falling out, I haven't had to shave in 10 days and the hands shake) showed that it was time. Too much travel, too little reward and too great a distance from the decision making process was what killed the bizarre Bobby and Whitney affair that I had with company of old. So it's done. Done, done, done - despite the fact that the corporate e-mail was down this morning.

Spent yesterday in Amsterdam - Jude's mom was with family at a very Grand hotel in a very ungrand area of the red light district, Jude was in Edam visiting granny and I got to wander the Brit filled streets and photograph them propositioning Eastern European women who see their grubby hands as a step closer to a better life - if not for them then for future generations. Pics will be posted on Flickr just as soon as I get home to upload them.

I'm hoping that the sudden hair loss is a stress related thing - it's quite common 3-6 months after major disease; the body suddenly says 'well that was nasty" and starts to play up a bit. Of course I have managed to find 18 cases of cancer of the scalp and thus have that sitting somewhere in my primative lizard brain. Hey - rare versions of common cancers are my thing.

But anyway - here's to the next year. A new job at last, a PhD'd wife and a fresh cast of characters...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

change is good. well done, you two.

i'm thinking of handing in my own reservation soon (to myself) and getting a job!

i ;)

Anonymous said...

excellent news. it must be the season for it. i'm thinking of giving up work too. it just doesn't seem worth the effort.

ck

Anonymous said...

big news. are you heading for Colorado? love the idea of a shearling laden Walls walking the streets of Aspen.

Ha-G