Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Not my life yet...


Daydreaming
Originally uploaded by doc18.
It will disappoint many of you almost as much as it disappoints me to hear that I'm not, yet, a man of infinite leisure and flexible gym appointments. Jude is still beavering away at the PhD and won't graduate until May after which there's at least a few months before she starts a job - and still no firm indication of what and where that job may be.

So no Colorado or Canada for me just yet - instead I'm moving all the way to Tribeca where I'll be doing any number of projects for What If? - an innovation company that has a really interesting social strategy side and offers the chance to work with big brands on short projects again.

Why innovation? Well I'm good at it, I liked the people that I met at the company, I like that it's growing and the direction in which it's growing, I like that it will keep me in lofts and age inappropriate clothing in a way that the last lot couldn't and I like the degree of flexibilty that it will give me.... right now I'm working out of New York but snow capped mountains and gainful employment need not be mutually exclusive anymore. But what I liked most is that they wanted me there, really wanted me there and that's something I crave (sad but true)

So it's goodbye cruising, goodbye sofa, goodbye self-pity and hello to a new challenge, a new cast of characters and a fresh start.

1 comment: