Saturday, September 23, 2006

Off to London


Tower bridge
Originally uploaded by brunoat.
I'm off to London for 10 days or so.

My hand luggage is EXACTLY the right size to be allowed on board, is a half pound under my maximum allowance and contains no liquids, gels, pastes, pasties or items given to me by nice Arabian men.

I have packed my own suitcase and said goodbye to my toiletries.

I am ready to fly.

Of course Jude just spent 10 days in Sweden and the idea was to have the two trips match up so that we could meet up and minimize time spent alone in New York. But, like so many Liverpudlians, it didn't work.

Never mind. My Sunday will be filled with powerpoint. My Moday with rehearsal of the powerpoint. My Tuesday with the presentation of the powerpoint and the rest of my week with the repercussions of the presentation.

I'm going to head up to Redcar at the weekend - despite the fact that the parents are away. Hoping that I can still stay at home, failing which I quite fancy a room at what used to be 'The Sexcroft' - Redcar's Swinging B&B where forty quid got you bed, breakfast, chicken in a basket, access to the rubber lined orgy room and use of Dave - the well-hung barman.

Alas it's no longer the Sexcroft, business went south faster than the Canadian pensioners in Winter but I'm sure that the stains remain. And what could be more appealing? Or appalling?

Missed a friend's wedding today. I wanted to be there but all manner of work things got in the way; not least of which was a two day 'search, support and steal' mission that saw me in the dreary offices of two less than dreary ad / design agencies. Both agencies had good ideas. One underdeveloped, one overdeveloped to the point of grotesque and irrelevant. We on the other hand have a sound idea in need of fairy dust. And fairy dust is currency in the presentation game.

Oh and is it just me or do 90% of men in New York ad agencies sound 'sitcom gay'?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi matey - if you've time for a quick cappuccino amongst the chaos give me a shout - I actually dreamt of meeting you in a cafe about 5 days ago - twas meant to be I tell you, I shall mail you my number. ta ta

Today's word verification - kwxaeuf - the old Anglo-Saxon name for Kwik-Save

Anonymous said...

your blog has inspired me to start up sharing my experinces I smile when i think of the sexcroft and the bar mans name was jeff not dave