Monday, September 25, 2006

Haircut


IMG_2706
Originally uploaded by stevenjude.
Before leaving for London I had my first post chemo haircut, which was a bit of a milestone. And rather thrilling.

I'm now temporarily resident in The Capitol hotel - which seems to double as a home for the bewildered. The average age of a resident seems to be 80, the only activity a breathless stagger to Harrods with a nurse in tow and incontinence pants top of the list. The room service menu offers a 'pre-chewed food' option and all I'm kept awake at night by the sound of resporaters.

Change of weekend plans - am flying home on Saturday; all the better to walk the dog, see my wife and eat something that didn't come out of a deep fat fryer (went to Stamford Bridge for Harry Ramsden's Fish 'n' Chips today!)

No comments: