Monday, February 02, 2009

Overlooked more times than a scenic valley

I'm tired today.
Exhausted.

And that makes me maudlin.

Talking with friends about their great new ventures and about how my name had been raised in connection with cool jobs and then discarded based on the thought that "he wouldn't be interested" has made me realize that I've done nothing with masses of potential.

Everyone assumes that my every move is to something more interesting. And that I'm living the life that they 'd expect a 'deviant' to live. And while it's true that I'm finally out of my creative coma and doing things again that hasn't yet extended to work.

Of course Montreal is a chance to change that. And I will.

I'm not chasing cool for cool's sake. I'm just chasing new models for effectivenesses sake. Looking for a better way to do things and some big clients to turn thoughts into action that has impact.

That's a very American sentence.

I'm tired
Exhausted
Maudlin

Pay no heed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh well, you know...

a reviewer once described me as "A shameful waste of real talent"...
I had my obituary written at 30...
I've not changed...