Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Getting ready to shoot


So with the first shoot for my soon to be realized portfolio just a couple of days away I'm finally getting organized. Have lights, ladder, wireless flash, a couple of good lenses, extra batteries and chargers, ways to focus the light, a promise out to only play good music on the day and tomorrow I'm off in search of a whole bunch of props.
Oh and a tripod, a gorilla grip, some lens cleaning stuff and a a rocket blaster, lest it get dusty.

I'm off tomorrow to buy some props from a Vintage / Burlesque store in Dearborn. I've been in touch with each and every model. I've scouted a location for another shoot next week; am looking for studio space in Montreal and am generally engaged - almost to the point of distraction.

Less knackered today - went to bed earlier, got up later and hit the gym hard enough to make my stomach muscles aches with a dull throb that's almost pleasurable.10 pounds and ten years ago I'd have been tempted to offer myself up to photographers on Sunday and have them do with me as they wish; alas work. clients, age and gravity have ensured that's not an option (temporarily)... older, saggier, more interesting and less interested in where the next paycheck is coming from and I'll be there.

Counting down to Saturday