Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Oooooohhh Arrrgggghhhhhh


Sleepy
Originally uploaded by Kaj Bjurman
So this morning the snow started to melt and the rain started to fall. The sidewalks were thick with patches of black ice and getting to the gym became an exercise in slipping, sliding and falling forwards.

Yet when I managed to get back to my car I somehow forgot that the surface beneath my tires was treacherous. That's what a ton of steel will do for you.

Needless to say, first gear, 6mph and I was sideways, drifting impressively towards an oncoming garbage truck, the traction control light flickering like gaudy Christmas tree decorations. The rear wheels span, the car fishtailed and I got hod of it just in time - shooting forwards as though I'd been in control the whole time.

The 35 mile journey to work is going to be 'interesting'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last sentence made it sound like this was written in the car while driving. Impressive.