Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hmmmmm IceCream


P1070119.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
I'm not sure why I find sticking to a diet as hard as I do. I think that it's an aversion to deprivation coupled with a natural gluttony overlaid with a mechanism that fills in moments between things happening with cookies.

For the last part I blame the UK. It's a place where people used to fill in the awkward social moments with tea. Which then became with Tea and KitKats. After all a KitKat says all that we're too repressed to say.

People arriving the the US are astounded by the size of the muffins, cookies and cakes here but whenever I'm in the London office the thing that astonishes me is the number of times the 'refreshment trolley' comes trundling into view buckling under the weight of something small but moresome. Our office there runs on KitKats, pots of tea and tiny sandwiches filled with minced wotnots scooped from a tin.

I am sticking to the diet though - and feeling good about doing it. Even though taking my rest day from the gym (and filling in the time with Pilates) does have me feeling a little guilty. One to watch I think.

No comments: