Saturday, June 07, 2008

A night at Sketchy's


P1050903.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
I have a franchise agreement for Dr Sketchy. I've had it for about 6 months now but a killer mixture of the weather, slow moving approvals, fear, lack of infrastructure and incompetence has stopped me actually getting ass into gear and getting the first one up and running. That's abt to change.

Last night I went out to Hammtramck to see The Art of Dr Sketchy and having talked to the people there I'm freshly inspired and raring to go. Sure the art wasn't anything to shout about (it's just a sketch class and poses are 20 mins max) but it was fun and I have a lot of ideas regarding what else we can do to make the sessions more fun.

Anyway here's a pic from a break in proceedings.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Sounds great. I recommend the oil paint "wipe out" method for a change. You thin down burnt umber, wash over the whole canvas, then take a rag and wipe out the main forms. Build on top with your brush with flesh tones, eg Indian red, ochre, rose madder, white...working from light to dark. Don't forget to blend your colours.