Thursday, March 27, 2008

Faux'd to Gray

... there was a time when I reacted to everything as though it and I were magnets. I was either irresistably attracted or equally violently repelled. Life was love - hate - love and shades of gray were seen as compromise.

Of course life is made up of shades of gray - but then embracing that fact would mean embracing a gray life, wouldn't it? You see only a couple of sentences in and already this seems circular and self indulgent.

What I've learned of course is that you can be black and white some of the time. That it's all about choice. When to get annoyed, when to hit back, when to hit first, when to track down their ISP and report them to their boss and when to simply think "what a tosser" and move on to something more deserving of time (like mayonaisse)

There's been a lot of mayo contemplating recently.

On a more concrete side I am officially allergic to everything other than dogs. Dust, trees, grass, mites, people with beards. Did an allergy test today - in a bid to find out what turns me into a Geisha Panda on occasion - and was amazed to find out that there's nothing that I don't react violently to (well I react only mildly to cats). This is not a good thing. And there's very little that anyone can do - other than advise me to live in a sterile environment with a dog. Which wouldn't be so terrible - Connecticut here we come

No comments: