Wednesday, December 26, 2007

All play and no work


P1000143.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
makes Steve a dull boy.

It's Boxing Day and I'm itching to go out and take some pictures around town. In fact what I really want to do is get in the car, drive somewhere gorgeous and take pictures there.

The reason? Well it's gloriously sunny; the tempertauere has risen from -8c this morning to 5c now and the skies are bluer than the eyes of an only child.

Actually what I really want to do is go to work. There's lots to be done and I'm just itching to roll up my sleeves and get on with it. But the office is closed for now and the people that I need to talk with to get things done need some time away from the office in order to be worth talking to. So this break becomes a strange limbo.

Still there's a Sketchy's tomorrow. I have a lovely new camera to play with. The dog is very much enjoying the walks and of course the refridgerator is full of food that could use some loving preparation.

Yesterday's food was rather a success. A great mushroom and pine nut soup, a spinach salad, a fennel fish with Christmas nutloaf and Jude's now famous Key Lime Pie (with whipped cream)... we've both vowed to do it again and to do it again soon. I quite like tis cooking thing - though the gym thing that came as a consequence this morning was rather more arduous.

No comments: