Monday, October 01, 2007

a waiting game


IMG_4373.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
I'm really bad at waiting. Really bad. It's the lack of control that I hate. Other people setting the pace, the deadlines, the pace of your life. It's why I'm not a bus person - being able to see those gaps that "you could drive a bus through" whilst simultaneously not moving drives me bonkers. Gimme the subway anyday. With no front window to peer through and only blackness all around there's no way of viewing the cause of frustration.

So this week is a bad one. I'm waiting on movers. On doctor's results. On window treatment guys. And on a host of equally important - life in our hands - decisions from other people. And it's already driving me insane. By Friday I'll be a basket case. By next week worse.

I gues sit could be worse. I could be being hounded - a la Britney. Am I alone in finding Britney losing her kids a sad thing? It feels as though this has been the script that the press have been looking for all along. They've been pushing the Britney is a bad mom angle for so long (with the "Somebody help us" headlines plastered over pics of her kids) that the court decision today seemed inevitable. Sure she's hardly mom of the year but then she has staff to look after the kids - they're looked after by pros. And a lot of the toddler angst you see is caused by the media scrum around Brit and the kids whenever she leaves the house.

What I really object to though is one of the reasons most often cited as being a sign of Brit's depravity is that she's often naked around her kids. At this point I have to say - so what? They're 3 and 1. I'm not sure they'd notice naked and even if they did I'm sure that's not unhealthy. Okay the drugs might be an issue, that I can see - thoughnobody ever tried to drag Bobbi Houston off to a home for children of drugged up nutter parents, did they?

Enough of a rant "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE" etc.

Oh this waiting

Steve

No comments: