Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Life on hold

was promised an answer today on one of those big life shaping things. Actually I was promised an affirmative answer.

Instead I got a 2 week delay.
And a side order of uncertainty.

Powerless to change the outcome I'm moping instead.
Can't remember ever having been this down.

Facing the prospect of being homeless (lease runs out in 3 weeks), penniless (the move costs a fortune), wifeless (she's in Ann Arbor my options around getting there are diminishing daily) and animal-less (they will move end of month) and all I can do is cross my fingers.

Worse is that a 'yes' would have carried me towards something that I really want to do - rather than away from something that I don't. A very good step.

Sometimes I can see how having a belief in something other than the ability of organizations to bugger things up could be a comfort.

Still 2 weeks to certainty. And knowing is all. That gives me the ability to plan. And planning is what I do best.

Okay - back to work.

No comments: