Monday, October 29, 2007

Paving the way for a move


IMG_4616
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
So as Jude pulls all kind of flickr viewers with her new hair I started to prepare for the next couple of days and weeks with a spray on tan. Had to show a passport, get finger-printed and sign a waiver just to get permission to stand naked in front of what looked like a garden sprinkler. Then had to brave the overly well lit mirror as I wiped off the excess 'paint'.

What else did I do today? Took the cats to a place where they can stay while we're away - they have a room with a view of goats (who they stalked) and birds (who they ignored).

Also helped a guy remove the landlord's furniture... sitting in an empty room; on the floor with an exhausted dog as I write this.

FedEx brought me my appointment for the US embassy in London - will be there the nights of the 6th an 7th.

And I walked the dog. A lot. She's so happy here. Running in the park, sniffing at the leaves and being away from the BQE traffic. Best thing about the move so far - just how happy Velcro seems to be

Have movers bringing our stuff tomorrow, then flight out Wednesday, back Monday, fly to UK Tuesday for Wednesday meeting. Busy, busy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People think of open spaces and skies, but for a dog with a sensitive hooter, the cleaner air is probably far more drammatic a change. Velcro has been released like a strippers pull-off trousers...

Burrellcreekkid said...

Whoa baby! Jude is hotter than hot,hot. I am totally confused, I thought Michigan was north, not south. Isn't it great lakes way? Such dramatic adventures. We have to see you guys soon, maybe we can do some kind of easter round-the-world tour. *Sigh*. NYC just ain't gonna be the same.