Saturday, June 02, 2007

A day with K


kaiser_yum
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
Knowing that I'd be 'home alone' today my good friend K came around and dragged me to brunch. We went to Parish - a new diner made to look as though it's a converted church (though it's not)... a tad pricey for the location but the company was grewat, the sun beamed down and all felt right with the world.

We then headed off to see 'Knocked Up' - lots of zingy dialogue and Jackass generation observation. A modern 'When Harry Met Sally'? Time will tell.

The rest of the day was spent on IM with Jude. Her flight left 3 hrs late last night meaning that her carefully laid plans for a day with friends in Madrid were laid to waste and she ended up spending 11hrs in the airport. Luckily she had her laptop with her, enough Euros to buy a 24 hr wireless pass and we were able to chat through a couple of hours.

I have a 12 hr layover in Gatwick that I'm dreading. Think that I will head into London for an hour or two before heading back to the airport for my second night flight.

That's all in the future though. Have Air Namibia hand-writing my tickets on Monday and until I have them in hand I'm counting no chickens.

No comments: