Sunday, March 18, 2007

Avoiding work


The Beach
Originally uploaded by Protection Island.
I promised to help out some old friends this weekend - by looking at something that they'd written and making a few changes here and there. Turns out I'm rewriting everything - or I would be if I could just settle down in front of the computer and actually do it.

Why is starting work on something so hard for me these days? Time was that a looming deadline was all that I needed to scare me into frantic typing mode. These days I sit back and enjoy the whoosing sound that those deadlines make as they whizz past.

In a bid to avoid the whole thing I'm carrying Jude off into the city to look at murderously expensive jewelry (she's after an "I've graduated" Right Hand Ring) and wondering whether I could extend the shopping trip to some local galleries that I love. What could be more civilized?

Okay 1 hr of work and then into town. Here we go

2 comments:

Andrew MishMash said...

Hi Steve

Sounds like a mid-life crisis to me; hope that's not an inappropriate thing to say btw.

What's it all FOR?

Sorry to have been incommunicado.

And thanks for the link, very kind I'm sure.

Other news - Mr Osborne is currently touring the UK to great acclaim as The Principal in Footloose! The Musical!

Best W

Drew Mishmash

Steve said...

I think it may be more idleness than crisis... although I can see how one can easily slide toward the other.

Hugh in Footloose... how very strange, how strangely edifying. I do hope he gets a musical number. Or at least Lyn Paul's number.

How are you doing btw?