Friday, December 29, 2006

What a gay day (Pt. MCMXXVII)


move
Originally uploaded by stevenjude.
Started the day with a one2one Pilates session. Much more variety today and just in time I was beginning to suspect that Pilates was little more than the ‘art of sucking in your stomach’. To be sure a useful art to master, especially as the oldest and heaviest resident of Williamsburg, but not really worth the $5k a year I’m going to be blowing on sessions. Luckily today was much better, more variety in the exercises, a noticeable improvement in the strength and flexibility of my upper spine and some real pain to boot. I felt so good afterwards I showered at the gym (always a brave choice with so many fit but unhygienic young souls around) – I’ll expect the athlete’s foot any day now.

I followed the gym with a Deep Tissue, Hot Stone massage – part relaxation, part torture as the questionable ethos of Bikram Yoga (your muscles will be more stretchy if you only do the exercise in a room heated to almost unbearable) are applied to massage and scalding rocks are placed on ‘muscle knots’ in a bid to have them gentle ease themselves enough to be mercilessly worked by the bullet knuckled masseur.

The afternoon was spent voting on the best 100 Nudes on flickr. You get to hit the best 100 by challenging an existing pic on the Hot 100 and having the members vote you in. I said yes to anything that looked dark and sumptuous and no to the pictures with distracting genitalia.

Easy viewing of my flickr pics can now be found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenjude/
They’re not great pics yet but I promise to edit more tightly going forward and to only use the MANUAL setting on my camera unless speed demands that I do otherwise.

Right now I’m off to drink the wine that Jude described as tasting like “a dehydrated tramp’s piss – only less alcoholic.”… she is a charmer.

No comments: