Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Resolutions


Xmas_lunch
Originally uploaded by stevenjude.
I don't usually make resolutions - let alone public resolutions. I find thas as a person I'm far from resolute. Vague internal half promises I'm good at - plans of action I'm not. I'm more of a 'this year I'll deal with shit as it happens' kind of a person.

But 2007 is a year that I didn't expect to see and it's a year where I find myself sans excuses. So here goes.

This is the year where I'm going to work up a sweat at least once a day. A year in which I start to enjoy physicality and to really push myself.

This year will see me in the best shape of my life. I'll continue with the pilates and throw in some extra gym sessions each week. It's going to be the year where summer is spent shirtless and shameless.

This is the year where I make an effort to actually learn Dutch. I have the Rosetta Stone manual - all I need now is a bucket of phlegm (you need it, believe me) and and hour a day. That I can do.

This is the year where I start cooking again. In Australia what I tended to eat was natural, healthy and unprocessed. I've let that go - and having helped out a little with 'real food' over Xmas I want to get back to it. Bye bye shopping once a month - hello shopping once a day.

This is the year when I take a couple of decent vacations. I have 25 days a year again (vs. the 10 standard here) and I will use each and every one of them. A vacation to see old friends, a vacation to lay on a beach and a vacation full of adventure - that's the plan.

And finally this is the year in which I'll finish my Ad book. It's been too long - and it's not that hard. Again an hour a day and 4 hrs at weekends should see me finish soon. It will be considerably better written than this blog too (hasn't this been poor recently?)

That's it I think. I am resolute. 2007 is way past my dead-by date and it will be enjoyed.

No comments: