Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Another day, another session

Bit of a weird day today. Heard that one of the accounts I helped bring into the building had won major international awards; which is always good to hear – and proof that good work can get through painfully lax systems.

But on my major account I can’t seem to make myself heard. Frustrating as I have a solution to the problem at hand that’s as simple as it is elegant. Still I appreciate that people are trying to protect me from what is an insanely busy time whilst I’m less than 100%. They’re good people and well intentioned. I just wish I could get stuck in again. Three weeks. And counting.

Visit to the Russian dentist went well despite the screams of the man in the chair in the office next to me and the agonizing gurgles of the man on office beyond him. Nothing really needs doing (a first for this shamefully British mouth) though I’m going to have the woefully substandard crowns taken out and replaced with something that fits below the gum-line. Doubtless it will cost me a testicle, but hey I’ve one to spare and it ain’t doing much.

Check in with radiologist went well. All is good. Platelets down but only to 139 from 142 – so nothing to worry about there. 7 more sessions and they can spit me out of the system. At least until August and my first scans.

Machine broke down n me today as I was being radiated. Long delay by all accounts. I wouldn’t know, I fell asleep. ‘Bing’ found this hilarious and repeat ‘so to sleep, so to sleep’ whilst her shoulders heaved with mirth. It’s hard not to like her – hey I’m not even trying not to like her (but Margaret Cho will play her in the movie)

Enough semi-cryptic meandering – to bed with me

No comments: