Sunday, February 14, 2010

2am posts

So I'm just back in from a photo shoot for the very lovely people at Glam Gam and Jude is up due to a combination of ailments, medication for the ailments and my inability to enter the house quietly. And here we are, in bed - she listening to an audio book, me writing a blog in what just might be the most 21st century moment we've had (in the bedroom) in ages.

Got some great shots tonight - the Beercan lens really works magic when teamed with the A850... but as each image is 40MB and needs converting to JPEG I haven't actually uploaded any yet. A shame but good things come etc.

In addition to all of the stripping excitement, naughty cupids, auctions and general theatricality (Montreal blows New York away when it comes to intensity in performance) I've been hard at work on all manner of things that actually get more exciting the closer they come to happening.

All cryptic I know - and I apologize both for my inability to spill beans and my unavailability to take calls - it's all very 2am at the moment

1 comment:

DK said...

I suggest...
1) But new 1Tb hard drive
2) Store all original ACRs on that
3) Download and run Adobe DNG converter for your ACRs on the computer and work with them instead
(Make sure you DON'T tick the box marked include original RAW file, or you'll end up with even more massive files.)

Not 100% sure about the 850, but historically DNG files were a LOT smaller than Sony's own raws and there's no loss of quality. Plus they work a bit faster if you ever move up to photoshop or lightroom. It's good to have 2 copies of stuff anyway