Monday, February 16, 2009

Montreal


Over shadowed
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
Well we're back from Montreal - which was cold but proved to be a real city. Now I hate being in a new place with a person that's also new to a place... basically because I love to introduce people to things; and when I don't know anything that becomes a real issue for me. I get frustrated. And edgy. And pretty hard to be around as I assume responsibility for a role that I know I shouldn't be playing.

Luckily Judith gave me a kick half way through the day and we downed the guidebooks, eased the pace and had a much nicer rest of the day (and next day) wandering, partaking in pastries, drinking wine and generally taking it easy.

It's not a bad place at all. Okay so the B&B that I chose seemed to be on the Rue De Poo. And had no door on the bathroom, which was kinda weird. And yes the restaurant that I chose for Valentine's day proved to be the one place that Judith had been to. And was having some kind of alarm go off every 30 seconds. But we got up, left and were somewhere cooler after 5 mins of walking. A sign of a good place.

Plus we saw some areas that would be interesting bases as places to live. We ate some good food at a reasonable price. We saw interesting shopping. And I found the mags that have the stuff that I'd love to see.

So not a bad trip at all. Just a cold one. Brrrrrrrr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coincidence... WE stayed on Rue De Pooh when we were there. Place looked much more charming online.