Monday, December 01, 2008

So Singapore was weird


P1090846.JPG
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
In that while it looks the same - the atmosphere is very different.

There's a real move to foster creativity. To support the arts. To experiment some. Singapore suddenly has looser limbs, less restrictions and less of the feeling that somebody, somewhere, is watching you at all times.

I liked it a lot. Which of course opens up a whole other can of worms.

The job that Judith went for may not come through (it might, but you can't count on that). The job that I'm looking at is a little 'junior' for me.
But the sun shines there. And the people are nice. And there's always opportunity. So what do we do if Jude's job doesn't come through (it's about a 10-1 shot) and if my job doesn't really pay? Do we say 'Screw it!' and go anyway - or do we look at other options?

Throw into the mix the fact that there may be offers here in the US and the water starts to look very muddy indeed.

My instinct is always to make an immediate decision and then live with the consequences. That's also my problem in general. So instead I'm gonna sit tight and wait some.... but man is it gonna be hard.

No comments: