Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Odd couple of days

Well the flight back from London took forever. Mainly because it went via Chicago - a giant airport with nothing other than overpriced pizza in it. Maybe that explains Oprah's new "thyroid problem"

Anyway 22hrs and I was in - at 2am and in a car that erroneously told me that my tyres were about to explode everytime I hit the Cruise control - but in.

Sunday was a day of shopping for Cashmere sweaters at a posh mall and on Monday I took the dog to the groomers, had lunch with my lovely wife and headed for my driving lesson.

The guy showed up early - in a knackered old Honda so full of 2nd hand cigarette smoke I could feel the tumors growing. "Wanna just take the test?" he asked. Sure I said. And 24 miles, a few un-reversed over cones and a lot of mirror checking later I'd passed. Hurrah. But the office was closed for Veteran's day, Boo. And I had to leave at 5am this morning for New York (Boo-sucks) and now won't be able to pick up my license until next Monday (Yah-Boo-Sucks)

So Mexico tomorrow... home on Saturday and then on Monday.... shopping for a car

No comments: