Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It;s scan time again


This is my brain
Originally uploaded by killermonkeys
Realized last night that my last scan was on May 7th... making me 3 weeks overdue for a new one. Originally the plan had been to have scans every 3 months for the first year and every 6 months after that 'danger period'

Actually the danger period is usually two years and that might well be why the doctor said last time - "All clear. No problems. But let's stick to a 3 month schedule."

Of course that was three and a half months ago and it's amazing how the time flies when you're tumor free (it flies in a different way when you're tumor filled, less purposeful march, more flitting swallow)

So today it's back into the hands of Adela who needs to negotiate with insurance companies, MRI providers and her own doctor to get me in in a timely fashion. I'm always amazed that she manages it and always equally amazed that there's no 'reminder service' telling me, her and all concerned parties that a scan is due.

Will let you know when I have a date with the magnetic donut confirmed

No comments: