Monday, February 05, 2007

To quote Hannibal


Love XOXO
Originally uploaded by Pink Sherbet Photography.
"I love it when a plan comes together"

Ok it's Hannibal Smith from the A Team rather than the great elephant marching general but the quote still holds. Finally have French recruiters and translators working for me and my Paris trip will be something other than disasterous. Hooray.

I guess that the mounting panic I felt was a control thing - I'd sent out the requests, had heard nothing back and was starting to get itchy - as I didn't know what my next move would be. All a little seat of the pants for me; but hey I'm here and pretty 8 days out; which can't be at all bad.

It's -11C outside and thus I am delaying my departure for work for as long as I can. The thought of being stuck on a station platform in this weather is too much to bear. As is the thought of the heating bill which will surely follow. During really cold snaps we spend about $15 a day heating this brick and glass heat sieve.

Still the journey outside cannot and will not be put off forever - and thus I shall end this brief but audible sigh and head for work - wrapped head to knee in goose down (if only we'd bought a bigger goose)

No comments: