Friday, July 14, 2006

A room full of swinging dicks


IMG_1533
Originally uploaded by stevenjude.
Back to work today… the first day of the rest of my life and already it’s all change. I’m no longer the planner on all things vodka (I’m still not sure why) instead I’ll be spending some time on razors and lots of time on some business with a shiny patina and with mountains of cash attached.

Now the thing about mountains of cash is that they attract dicks. Of the large and swinging variety. The last time I saw so many dicks being so energetically waved was at Dieter’s Blue Light Lounge down one of Bangkok’s dodgier Sois. .

We have all the COs and HOs (Chiefs Of..., Heads Of…) interested. And that means lots of big theories, large scale 'investigations' and much for me to do. .

Two approaches then. The “You’re better paid but I’m better” approach (my preferred) or the “I thought you really had something when you said (insert something they’ve never said)” approach. I’m thinking direct conflict. Not because it works any better but because it will get me heard and make me feel better.

Still you can bet your TV's extended warranty on my pulling lots of faces like the one above before the month is out.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I could... if I didn't have a wife who needs to stay in the US and a VISA that ties me here.

Of course what I will do is add another paragraph to what's already the longest resignation letter in history and rub my hands gleefully at the prospect of the day when I can hand it over.

How are things going Down Under and 'Round your parts?