Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sick enough for sick leave?

Today I have a new mantra. It’s one that I will be repeating to myself and I fear to others over the coming weeks

“I will not let work get in the way of my recovery”

A subtle mix of workplace tension, looming deadlines and a body filled with steroids has made me the stroppiest of madams and it’s starting to have adverse implications for my health.

I need to stop worrying about what’s going on in the office and start worrying about getting well.

So that’s what I’m going to do.

Will talk to HR today about signing off for the 6 weeks of sick leave that I’m allowed to take before they slash my salary – after which I intend to come home, eat healthily, walk the dog and rest up with nothing but pictures of healthy cells in my head.

Best for all? Maybe. Best for me? Absolutely,

2 comments:

quokkaboy said...

At last some perspective. Focus your creativity on your new ministryofmischief.blogspot.com

PS - my brother just got rich (buying an Aston Martin DB9 rich). So I am going to try and rope him into Dakar for next year.

Steve said...

lol... think I might be able to het us a Cayenne (Porsche) to do the trip in