Thursday, April 06, 2006

Bouncing off the walls

For some reason today has seen me full of vim and vigor. I can’t remember the last time I had this much energy, it’s bizarre.. I’m still amazed when I ‘overtake’ someone on the subway stairs, or unthinkingly run to catch a train then catch myself – not out of breath, not vomiting, not searching for yet more tissues into which I could hack up bits of lung but upright, comfortable, ‘ordinary’

The last few months have given me a glimpse of old age – losing the feeling in my fingertips makes searching for change harder, buttoning up a jacket more of a challenge. Losing most of my lung capacity meant taking things more slowly, pacing myself, taking breathers. Yet still I find the sight of old people hurtling toward the back of a bus as the driver loses patience and hits the gas as they fumble for a quarter the most hilarious of things. Guess I’ve grown old rather than up.

Anyway 10.30pm and a crap book, two car magazines and the Russian edition of Vice await… it could still be a good night.

No comments: