Saturday, July 25, 2009

Long day

So I left for the airport at 6pm yesterday
Arrive at 7.15 to be told that due to weather issues my flight is cancelled

Call the car rental companies who want $1300 for a one way to Montreal
So check in to a hotel.... at $180 a night it's not cheap by Taxis would have been $110 alone

A couple of drinks and a bad salad later I'm in bed
The whole hotel smells of sewage

Breakfast is Toast that is actually stale bread left to 'warm' in front of a radiator and a coffee
They charge $18

But I make it to the airport without incident and hit the standby line for the 9.45
Plane is oversold and broken

It sits on the tarmac.

I get confirmed for a 1.50pm flight; but they won't give me a seat.
I talk nicely to someone and get a seat assigned

Should be on my way,
Barring weather
And breakdowns.

Will arrive home 15 hrs late

But hopefully will arrive