Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Weird little town




Funny little town. People in MIchigan are weird, give 'em some sunshine, a hint of warmth and some bunting and they'll hold a festival, dance like lunatics in the street and pay any amount you want for ice-cream. They'll also arrive in vintage cars that have been mothballed for the summer and tell you how much they love this place / state / country.

We of course are planning to leave it. Yesterday I got my permission to export papers from Suzuki, I faxed my Certificate of Title to US Customs, I talked to a guy 4 hrs away about installing a Canadian Standard immobilizer, I faxed a certificate of No Recall to Canada and still I'm, 59 days away from being registered. And it's a new car.

There's lots of that going on. Plus the 75 day contract came through (we won't starve, woo-hoo) and there's movement on the P.Fish front (we'll do better than not starve, way-hey). Engaged and ready to go people, let's do this