Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Body Dysmorphic?


Healthorexic?
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
I was watching a show on TV last night that dealt with Body Dysmophia and it started me wondering - what if you got past the fact that you didn't look the way that you thought you did in the mirror; but then realized that you were still hideous?

A childish thought I know - but while the show concentrated on beautiful people who could only see ugliness in their own reflection I couldn't help but feel for the dysmophic mingers out there - the ones who occasionally had their own self image re-inforced by the reactions of others.

Maybe dysmophia is my issue after all???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judging by the 1000s of wannabe models i sift through for entertainment, there's also a lot of mingers who look in the mirror and see something way more beautiful than they should...