Sunday, May 18, 2008

Siz-ling

According to the forecast our time in Cyrpus is going to be hot. We leave on Tuesday and while the village that we're staying in is going to be around 29c; the city where we're then heading for a conference is going to be 37c. That's hot. Which is good.

I love the heat. It can't be too hot or too humid for me. I like to feel the pounds burn and sweat off. I like the lethargy that baking leaves you feeling. I like the 'old people stay indoors' warnings and I like watching the British boil like lobster on the beaches.

Not that we'll see many beaches. We have a villa with a pool. And we have a hotel in the city. It's not going to be a 'club 18-30' type experience.

That said I do have responsibility for a teenager whose parents at least to be of unusual virtue. She's very excited by day trips. I shall endeavor to ensure that The Baths of Aphrodite aren't all that Cyprus leaves marked indelibly on her brain. Nothing heavy - just more cocktails, speedos and near misses.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Watch out for guys especially if your teen has a "Russian" dress sense. Unfeasibly high heels.