Monday, March 03, 2008

Atlanta


Highway Insomnia
Originally uploaded by Nrbelex
So tomorrow I'm off to atlanta. Home of Coca Cola, the Falcons, the Braves, the Hawks, the Thrashers and of course Atlanta Dream - the women's NBA team down there.

Previous trips have seen me hurtling through the airport in a bid to make a connection between flights from mexico city and detroit. I never missed one but I've never been in Atlanta and not been in a hurry. Whereas I've never met anyone in Atlanta who is in a hurry. It's not just the accents that are thick with molasses, it's every aspect of the place. Atlanta moves as though a thick fog of humidity has engulfed the population, draining them of energy and making them fit only for a fitful siesta. Or at least the airport does, but I suspect that the melancholy malaise is universal. We shall see

1 comment:

Zoe Marshall said...

Ah, Atlanta:
Jane Fonda
Elton John
Motown Sound




The word 'universal'

Meaning our feelings and emotions on being told we have cancer.
Wherever we live, whatever language we speak.

We speak the same universal words to convey our feelings of utter fear and terror and loss.

Simply in different languages.