Monday, November 26, 2007

Mexico


Water fountain
Originally uploaded by ƒreg
a big hello from a Mexican taxi where el diablo is finding work for idle thumbs.

I am now fully immersed in Mexican wine, the shopping habits of over made up Mexican radio psychologists and the new Mexican hipsterism (dontcha just LOVE Lulu?) and have decided that my inability to string together more than ten words in the local language is no impediment to my moving here forever.

Of course forever isn't long enough to go amywhere in this traffic and the ominous appearance of Starbucks on every corner signals the end of any unique culture but that's okay. I'm tall here. I like the food. And i have a bevy of beauties (plus Gareth) attending to every detail of my life.

So what if i left my wallet in Detroit? Or that the journey here took 14 hrs? Who cares that the streets are giant parking lots? This is the land of Mistico - and he can FLY.

As Elvis might have said Viva Mexico.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i hear you want to move to latin america... if only we knew someone who was planning to move there too... hmmm...

Anonymous said...

if only....