Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Waiting


wideawake
Originally uploaded by stevenjude
It's 7pm on Monday and I'm in an office sparsely populated. Third eye blind are playing on the company i-pod. A co-worker is typing with more speed and precision than me (no swearing, no tongue poking out, no pecking at the keyboard) and there's a guy pacing and talking on a landline in a closed room that's not as soundproofed as I think he believes it to be.

I've just eaten the most awful veggie burger and am now trying to slosh it down with the remnants of a filthy Albanian white - the kind of wine that hopes a vaguely risque name might erase the bitterness and bite below its screw top. Not that I'm a screw top snob. Some of my best friends have screw tops.

Oh and if you're reading this, you're on facebook and you haven't added me shame on you. I need to get through three figures on friends and you could be the person that tips the balance.

Similarily if you're from Farnborough (or surrounds) and you've been reading this please let me know who you are... I lived there as a kid and the name on my sitemeter thing is arousing my inner cat killer.

Again a post about nothing. Had to postpone scan results as it clashed with me being in Chicago.... but no news is generally good news

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve I am so glad every thing is working out. The apartment looks great. I keep my fingers crossed for the scan results. Take care, regards Tiny