Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'm Lovin' It?


I'm Lovin' It?
Originally uploaded by oybay.
Yesterday I had to turn down a job that, in truth, I'd have loved to say yes to. The timing was wrong, the city was wrong, the money was wrong etc. but just as it was starting to hurt I got this e-mail from a guy at work - and was reminded that the people I work with are pretty cool.

I'll admit it. I was in Wisconsoson. And I was crazing a Big Mac. I was cravin’ some Mickey D’s in Wisconsin. Having not eaten at The Clown’s House in a year or so, I wanted it. I craved it. And today I went for it.

The food was fine, just what I expected, exactly what I craved. But here’s the disturbing part: They put the nutritional info on the packs now.

What are they thinking? Is this meant to be a positive PR campaign?

Oh, 4569 grams of fat. Kewl. Make it a double.

McDonalds is being above the board now! Great! I feel better about my weakness and gluttony.

They might as well put a label that says “NOTE: Hey loser. Not that you care, but your ass WILL get bigger after eating this, and I can smell your pancreas smoking” (Ha-ha, bitches. MINE’s already dead! Who’s the smart clown mascot now!)

It’s like a prostitute wearing a t-shirt that says “over 678 served. This month.” Just not what you’re looking for in advertising...

I was one of the 3 people in the US who thought that Supersize Me was - while very entertaining and thought provoking - alarmist bullshit.

And I also studied food science, so I know how much fat is in fried things.

But, for friggin’ out loud, even I don’t want to think about what’s in my McNuggets...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4569 grams of fat?
4 and a half kilos of fat - how big was your burger??
methinks you exagerate...

today's word verification is miegxi... coincidentally the name of a ukranian prostitute i once knew...

Anonymous said...

exagerate... it's the reduced fat version of exaggerate... less gs

...but then you did craze the burger...