Tuesday, November 21, 2006

London Calling

Steve said I could write a blog post.

So - we're traveling from London to Redcar. A trip I haven't done in a while, on the wonderful Flying Scotsman, or GNER as it is now stylishly called. The fact that it's got modern amenities like wireless connection is deceiving. In fact, the chairs look like they were last upholstered in 1964, and the "off the trolley" lady doesn't use deodorant.

Very English.

All the stewards are Scottish, just like on the Virgin flight on the way over. We feel like we lost Sunday, since most of it was spent lying down 38,000 feet up, from dark to dark (with some light in between).

Saw my brother, Dave, yesterday. And our friend Varya who's now married. But not to Dave.

Anyhoo - Steve says all I do is moan, so I'll keep further thoughts to myself.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi jude. nice to have a 'voice' to put to the name. hope you both have a nice break and a successful visa-hunting trip.

i