Friday, March 10, 2006

A place in the sun

Ok so we've finally booked a place in the sun - we're off to Anguilla July 2nd through July 10th.

Decided to book a villa so that we would have some privacy, the chance to chill out by our own pool and to cook for ourselves rather than falling for the 'Continental Breakfast'

There's a link here to where we're staying

http://www.18degreesnorth.com/amenitites.htm

Of course there's no guarantee that I'll be finished with treatment by July but I'm assured that treatment can e worked around my being away for eight days and that my having something in the diary that doesn't involve my ingesting poisons is a positive thing.

It's on days like this that I start to feel lucky again. We have access to the best treatment for this disease, the support of really good friends and the ability to buy ourselves a little light at the end of the tunnel. That's something that very few people can say.

Now if anyone fancies a spot of pet sitting in early July - we have a 16,000 BTU aircon unit and a 'fridge full of ice-pops.

2 comments:

quokkaboy said...

Nice place. Denise - the owner - looks like she would be up for an arm wrestle which might be a fun way to pass the time?

Anonymous said...

Denise - the owner - is from New Jois-eee; I'd have less chance of beating her in an arm wrestle than I would beating David Lamb in Operaoke.