Friday, June 02, 2006

Looks like a 'no go'

When I was at the hospital the doctor talked about a 20 day radiation treatment starting Monday June 5th

I was elated, this meant that I could go on vacation at the end of treatment as planned.

The hospital was supposed to call me yesterday with a schedule of treatment, times of day and the like.

They didn't.

I called them today and I'm not on the schedule.

And with my doctor away it doesn't look as though I'm going to be on the schedule. Losing even a day means running into the July 4th holiday and not ending treatment until July 6th. Buggering my vacation plans entirely.

To say that I'm upset would be the most massive understatement. I'm distraught.

Have an e-mail in to the doctor (he's been out for 2 days), a call into the head of radiation oncology and a heart that's leaden.

Everything crossed here, but it's looking futile.

No comments: